Intensive Outpatient Drug Rehab Los Angeles
Maybe you have been fired from yet another job. Maybe you have been dumped by your girlfriend or watch your spouse pack up and leave you. Maybe your health is so compromised that you sense your organs are failing. When you can no longer deny that addiction to alcohol and/or drugs is destroying your life you may find yourself at an important crossroads. There are only two options available; one road takes your life and the other offers a chance at a long, fulfilling life.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?
Treatment for a chemical dependency is dictated by the severity of the addiction. Based on how long the addiction to drugs or alcohol has been in play, as well as the degree of the substance usage, a medical provider can determine what level of treatment is needed. For severe addictions that require supervised detox, an inpatient treatment program is going to provide the highest level of care. For a fairly recent substance dependency that hasn’t become deeply entrenched, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) in West Los Angeles would be an excellent treatment option.
An Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a treatment program that offers various counseling sessions—individual, group, and family—and other classes that assist and educate the individual seeking recovery from a substance use disorder. These programs allow the individual to live at home while participating in the classes and counseling sessions for a specified number of hours per week. IOPs are usually structured into 4, 8,12, or 16-week tracks, and require an average of 10 hours of attendance and participation per week. Many IOPs also require active participation at 12-step or non 12-step recovery community meetings.
Why an IOP can be an Excellent Treatment Option
There are several benefits to using an IOP versus inpatient or residential treatment for an alcohol or drug addiction. While an inpatient program will be more comprehensive and offer the highest level of care, it may not be the best option for everyone. Inpatient programs are much more costly and require the individual to commit to an extended treatment period away from work and family, making them unfeasible for some seeking help.
The IOP offers:
- The ability for the individual to receive treatment while still being able to work and/or continue to fulfill family obligations
- The opportunity to undergo addiction treatment in a more discreet manner
- The support of family and friends in close proximity who can continue to be a source of help during treatment
- A more cost effective option for addiction treatment, with IOP programs costing a fraction of inpatient care
- More structure and a deeper level of care than a standard outpatient program
What Services Does an IOP Offer?
A high quality outpatient drug rehab Los Angeles will offer nearly all the same treatment services as an inpatient program, while allowing the individual to live at home. These services include:
- Detox resources may be provided for individuals who are not at risk of serious withdrawal symptoms, or the IOP may refer out to a detox center in the area.
- Individual therapy sessions. While group sessions are the norm in an IOP, individual therapy sessions may also be provided for more focused support in changing the thought patterns and behaviors associated with the addiction using cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Group counseling sessions. Group therapy is useful in building rapport with others who are struggling with the same issues, as well as social support for sobriety. Group sessions also promote improved communication skills that can help in all aspects of their lives.
- Family sessions. Because addiction is a family disease, the IOP includes family therapy sessions that help mend the bonds of trust that have been broken, as well as teach better communication skills and heal family relationships.
- Continuing education about addiction, as well as relapse prevention planning, life skills, coping techniques, and stress management is provided.
Honey Recovery Intensive Outpatient Drug Rehab Los Angeles
Honey Recovery is an IOP that treats drug and alcohol addiction located in West Los Angeles, California. Honey Recovery serves nearby Beverly Hills, Cheviot Hills, Century City, Westwood, Brentwood, Culver City, West Hollywood, the Wilshire district, and the surrounding areas. For more information about the IOP and services provided, please call us today at 844-472-1777.